Thursday, 12 November 2015
Tuesday, 3 November 2015
Mr Darling came to to teach us about fire safety. We watched a DVD and the curtain caught on fire because the candle was too close to the curtain. He showed us a smoke alarm and we learnt about how important these are to have in our homes. How many do you have in your home?
We practiced an evacuation. When there is a fire we need to:
GET DOWN! GET LOW! GET OUT! - FAST, shouting FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!
We had to crawl underneath a sheet (smoke) and then walk fast to our safe meeting place.
Where is your safe meeting place at home?